Monday, September 30, 2013

YAY FALL

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY EVERY APARTMENT BUILDING HAS HIRED SOMEONE TO BLOW THE LEAVES OFF THEIR LAWNS LIKE WHY?? It's fall! LEaves! LEAVES! LEAVES! Everywhere! All over for me to stomp in and kick around and make crunchy sounds that make the walk to school a little less glum.

And the chill! The chill in the air! I don't get sweaty walking home from school anymore! No, because now I can wear my jacket and be a bold splash of orange in the sea of gray and brown and black sweaters I see every day. BEHOLD MY ORANGE COAT AND BLUE SCARF, THEY ARE MARVELOUS! FALL IS HERE! HOORAY!

ANd even better is that tomorrow it is OCTOBER! YAY! October is obviously the best month out of all the months, because it's seriously like everyone's birthday AND thanksgiving AND halloween AND as autumn as it gets in Canada. The chill is here but the snow is not, the wasps are dead but you don't quite need mittens yet (unless you're me and you're always cold).

AND GRAY DAYS. SO MANY. IT'S WONDERFUL. Everyone knows gray days are the best excuse for a cup of hot chocolate. And sweaters, big wooly ones with zippers and buttons or maybe none at all.

And the smell! The trees all smell so lovely and when I'm not breathing in cigarette smoke from passing smokers, I can smell the trees! And when it rains, you can smell the leaves! THE LEAVES, LET ME TELL YOU. They are yellow and yellow-green and orange-brown and they almost scatter everywhere and make glorious crunchy noises and glorious crisp smells and

SHIT THE CUTE BOY FROM THE APARTMENT BELOW JUST KNOCKED and then he opened the door which my roommate left unlocked (because she left apparently) and said "hello?" and I was like "wat" (not out loud of course) and then I said "hello?" but he'd already closed the door so I scurried out and opened it and he was in the hallway and asked if I knew where my roommate was and I said no I thought she was sleeping and he just said she still had his ruler so I let him in to get it and then I held the door open and he TOOK OFF HIS FUCKING SHOES before he went to her room which was literally like 5 steps away and then put them back on and JESUS he smelled better than the leaves outside, I swear to god.
Fuck this isn't even a crush. This is just sad. Very, very sad.

Anyway. Autumn. AUTUMN. I love autumn more than anything else in the whole entire world. And every time I am outside I smile because LEAVEs and SMELLS and just ahhhh, autumn.
Also I get to start wearing scarves now so I am a happy egg.

AND AND AND this morning, my alarm went off at like 7:15. I turned it off, opened my eyes ten minutes later, and like WHOA the sky was on fire with red! Holy sunrise, batman! A few minutes later, and it was orange, and then pink, and finally it just faded into the gray of the day (which was awesome, because as I mentioned before, I love gray days). It was just so... vibrant this morning. Maybe because the clouds were there to catch the light? I don't know what it was but it was amazing either way and I love my east-facing window. In fact I think that's now something I want to look for in a house or apartment or whatever. An east-facing window. Sunrises are the shit, yo, and don't let anyone tell you any different. Especially now that they get later so I can actually catch them as they happen.

yer pal,
swegan (I give up. Whatever. The past is the past and this is my thing now. The end).

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies