Monday, September 23, 2013

OSCILLATING POSTS

I would apologize for the fact that these posts keep swinging back and forth but really I'm not because that's how things are at the moment.

I FEEL TOO ORGANIZED. Feeling this way always makes me suspicious. Like there's something I should be doing that I'm just forgetting about. But I finished my math assignment (100% ON TWO ASSIGNMENTS IN A ROW HOT DOG YOU GUYS THIS IS GREAT), I finished my bio pre-lab assignment a week early because I thought it was due last week, I'm done my chem pre-lab for tomorrow, I've read Othello for English and read the essay on Othello twice, I've updated my bio notes as far as they can go, made plans to do my chem practice exam tomorrow (maybe I should just do that tonight. Sit down, 40 minutes, crank it out and see how I do and go over my mistakes), reviewed my chem notes, I reviewed philosophy yesterday (probs should do that again)... I just feel like I don't have enough to do WHICH I KNOW IS A DANGEROUS THING TO SAY BECAUSE NOW TOMORROW I WILL HAVE 5 MILLION THINGS TO DO AND THAT IS NO FUN but just I feel like it's wrong that my last semester of high school was harder than this.

I am so confused. I totally thought university was going to be super hard. I mean the rules are strict and the classes are larger and the content is more challenging but jesus christ IB has made all of this a breeze. NOTE TO STUDENTS OUT THERE DEBATING DOING IB: You are going to cry and work hard and be stressed out, but if you are planning on post secondary it will make the transition a thousand times easier. Plus in IB you have to learn to organize your work so you don't forget anything and you have to start studying in advance. We started studying for World Exams at the beginning of April, and our world exams were in May.

SWEET LORDS OF ACADEMICS I FINALLY JUST FOUND MY BIO NOTES FROM FRIDAY THANK GOD. I can update those now.

Last year whenever I had nothing to do I was suspicious, and sure enough, if I thought hard enough I usually found something that I still had to do and had just forgotten. I mean I have math questions from the book and I really should be practicing limits but it's really hard to motivate myself to do that. This is the problem. When there is lots to do, you buckle down and do it. When there is a little bit to do, you don't want to do anything. I'm sure things will change come finals and in October, once midterms roll around (although a few of my profs do like two exams throughout the term- my chem prof does that, and so does my philosophy prof, and I think my bio prof too) (and in English we just have some in-class essays (OH GOD THAT JUST STRESSED ME OUT NOOOO) (I need time to think of essay things!) and then a big paper at the end of the term- ooh, 1500 words, I'm shaking in my boots) (Oooh, we have to come up with the thesis ahead of time... gee, that doesn't sound like History 20IB all over again) (Oooh, we have to peer review, because I've never done that before) (I'm sorry but I can't help it). But I've gone through the process of having multiple exams over a short period of time before. I wrote 4 exams in one day. I HAVE BEEN INTRODUCED TO THE CONCEPT OF EXAMS.

I only have 7 of them. That's not even a bunch, and 3 of them will be done before exam week even starts. That leaves what, four? Come on.
Of course the scary thing is now that the information is difficult, but I will deal with that.

Still suspicious though. I feel much too prepared.

yer pal,

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies