Friday, September 6, 2013

I walk a LOT now

Let's see. It's about 5 blocks just to get to campus (not to my classes), so that's 10 blocks a day at least- going to university and back. Then there's walking around campus, which is probably another 5 blocks or so because I wander a lot (I don't quite know where the good spots are to sit and eat or sit and study or sit and talk on the phone or sit and read, etc). And today I walked the entirety of this one really long building 2.5 times. It's said that the building is as long as 4 city blocks, so that's 10 blocks again. 25 blocks, just in one day. On average I usually only do 15, then, but still. Last year I walked maybe two or three max in a day. And I try to take the stairs a lot- my room is literally right by the stairwell in my building, so that helps. Most days when I come home, though, I just take the elevator because I'm hot and sweaty and exhausted.

I suppose I am eating a bit more than I was last year, or maybe not... I have bigger breakfasts now, with bacon and fruit and then sometimes crepes, or pancakes, etc. The food here is so, SO good. Dinner starts in about 7 minutes, actually, and thank god because I am starving because my bio class goes through normal lunch hours so I have to eat before 11. It's annoying, and it makes me super full in the mornings and then I sit through two hours of science lectures and then I'm fine, so I just do whatever I need to do before leaving campus and go home. Which is 5-6 blocks away. Actually yeah, 6 blocks is more accurate. So make that... 27 blocks I walked today, and 17 on average.

I'm not used to walking this much. Last year I drove everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE, not to mention my school was a hell of a lot smaller. (Let me put this in perspective: the current population of students at the university I'm at is about half the size of the population of my entire CITY back home). Although I do kind of like all this walking b/c it makes me feel more like a university student for some reason. Look at me, I have to WALK all over the place because everything's just close enough that using a car would be stupid and more trouble than it's worth! Also b/c our student cards get us free public transport on the train and the bus so yay.


Also, I just have to say... I really love my room. The window might be dumb, yeah, but it also faces east so I get to see the sunrise EVERY MORNING FUCK YEAH THAT'S RIGHT I WAKE UP TO A SUNRISE RIGHT IN MY FACE AND IT'S FUCKING MAJESTIC AND SHIT. And plus I can tell what the weather's going to be like. For example, this morning it was quite cloudy, so I knew that the forecast of rain from yesterday might be pretty accurate. Thankfully it didn't rain (I forgot my raincoat so I would have been soaked), but it was cloudy. Not that it meant it was any less hot. I wore friggin' jeans and a sweater and died out in the 22 degree humid heat.

ANYWAY I DO HAVE HOMEWORKY THINGS THAT NEED WORKING ON SO FAREWELL.

yer pal,
swegan :)

1 comment:

comment-type-thingies