Wednesday, September 4, 2013

TEXTBOOKS PLS

I had to lug home my new chem and math textbooks (plus the answer keys that came with them, plus this big honking "extra practice test questions" thing that came with the math book) and my bio lab manual in this stupid brutal heat. I suppose it's kind of better than the stupid brutal cold, but... I'm tired. My lunch was a granola bar and an apple. University looks like IB all over again. I HAVE 5000 THINGS TO DO AGAIN. Not to mention I waited in line for half an hour holding those books at the bookstore. These things are never going to see campus again. Their new home is this room and the only light of day they'll ever see comes through the window. It's way too much work to carry them everywhere, jesus fucking christ. Also holy shit textbooks literally cost an arm and a leg and possibly also any extra energy you might have. Thank god my parents are helping me out with that AND thank god I got the Rutherford Scholarship. AND AND AND thank goodness I know where all my classes are! I had to book it to chem from bio but I got a seat in the front row- my kind of place as a short person.

Math was alright- there was this annoying kid two seats over who kept talking out the answers to himself and here I was trying to figure them out in my head as the prof went along and he kept messing up my train of thought. The girl next to me was friendly- thankfully she had the idea of getting phone numbers and emails from the people around her in case they missed a class (she's a third year, but her first year here, so she clearly knows what she's doing), so I stuck with that idea for the rest of the day. The girl next to me in bio seemed really friendly and she's the same major as me, and then the girl next to me in chem seemed a little more wary of the idea, as did I after our prof explained that our lecture notes would be available in some electronic fashion. I can't even remember. SO MUCH INFORMATION; MY HEAD HURTS.

I should probably start organizing myself, though. I nearly fell asleep reading my chem textbook half an hour ago- the first four chapters literally are just chem 30 again, which is just GREAT BECAUSE I DID SO FUCKING WELL IN THAT CLASS (in case you can't tell, that was dripping with sarcasm) (seriously I did better in calc than I did in chem). I do feel sorry for my roommate, though... she's doing some other kind of science program and she has to do some four-hour calc thing tonight, not to mention she gets a lot of assignments and someone told her it was basically like IB. When she said that, I felt EXTREMELY sorry for her. I'm glad I did IB, but you could not pay me enough money to go back and do it again. No way in hell.

yer pal,
swegan :( sad face b/c I am tired and hungry and will probably be working all the time... again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies