Friday, September 20, 2013

I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN BOOKS DO THAT

WHY DOES THIS BOOK HAVE TO INCLUDE THE SEX PLS STOP I DON'T WANT TO READ THIS NO

Sad sad realization when I realize that the way the relationship was written between those two characters who are 18 was better written than the time I tried to write a relationship between two characters who were 18. HOW DO YOU 18 I DO NOT KNOW.

Ugh. Anyway. So I bought a book yesterday and it was pretty good but it smelled really funny and just... there was something about it I didn't like (besides the fact that I was all snuggled up reading last night and then what should happen but the characters start doing things and I was like AGGRESSIVE NORMAL FACE THERE IS NOTHING HAPPENING AT ALL HAHAHAHAHA. And then later when I gave up on the book and went to bed I heard the voices of the people who live in the apartment below me drifting up into my window and I don't know, I thought it was cool. Plus the guy I like even though I have like literally 0 chance with him lives in that apartment so I'm like 500% sure one of the voices was his. He's quiet, that guy. When I do see him at dinner and stuff he'll interject into the conversation maybe once to say he thought he heard something else or that he just had a random thought, which makes me think perhaps he is a crazy weirdo. Something he said once reminded me of something I said when I was 10 and at a summer day camp and trying to break the ice and talk to Celery and his little brother b/c Freckles certainly wasn't going to do it and it was a really weird thing to say like I don't know why I was thinking about a floating clown okay I just was but hey it worked and people started talking to points for me for making conversation via sharing my thought of what if there was a floating clown that farted every time he bumped into something THAT WAS LITERALLY WHAT I OPENED WITH I KID YOU NOT. To this day I cannot forget that. Anyway the thought cute guy shared was not quite as embarrassing as that but was equally stupid and it was kind of endearing.

I have been doing no work and there is a club meeting tonight for a club I joined IN THE OBSERVATORY DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS I GET TO GO SEE THE OBSERVATORY I AM SO EXCITED YES and that is the highlight of my day. Oh and my roommate gets back tonight.

Also I'd like to say I have no idea how I lucked out and got a bunch of great profs, but I did.


UPDATE: It is now late at night. I tried to buy a kit kat from the vending machine and all I had was a 20 so it gave me change in loonies and quarters and my wallet was stuffed. On the bright side I now have more change with which to do laundry. I plan to do some loads tomorrow morning. I already have 3 loads- sheets, towels and underwear, and then just clothes. Also at the ISSET meeting I went to, there was only one other girl and she didn't show up until right before the meeting so it was just me and a room of 80% engineers and the other 20% was science majors AND I FELT SO SHORT AND FEMALE. Most of their stuff is wayyyy too technical-physics-y for me- I'd need to learn a lot of new things and I'm just not very interested. I figured maybe I could help out more with internal stuff, like HR or maybe PR. I do recall getting a lot of management jobs suggested on that one aptitude test I did. Maybe I could be good at that. It seems like they just need a lot of people for everything everywhere and they're horribly understaffed so we'll see how things go.

On my way back to the bus stop, I decided to go through buildings instead of walking outside, and the chem building, which is usually just depressing during the day, was hella creepy. It used to be two buildings, but now they're one, but the hallway down the middle was dark and lit only from the fancy science building behind me and another academic building ahead. I ran down it, feet slapping the floor, wind rushing in my ears. It was terrifying and wonderful and dear god I really just hate the chem building. I know I shouldn't say things like that but I do. I like the biosci building, old as it is. It's cozy. But the chem building depresses me. It looks like the place where happiness goes to die.
When dad and I looked around campus before moving me in, I remember being shocked at how old the biosci building was compared to the brand-new science building which is mainly for physics/astrophysics people. It's like stepping back in time 40 years, I kid you not. Dad's response was "well, they don't want to give the biology people a new building to cut up their worms" which I thought was fairly hilarious.

Anyway I really need a shower now but I'm far too lazy to have one. All I want to do is sit and eat but I really should stop eating so many snacks. Maybe I should write. I don't know. It's one of those days where I just don't know what I want. I have a busy weekend, ahead, too, and then two quizzes next week and my chem labs start, too, and we have to read Shakespeare on our own. Ugh. No.

yer pal,
swegan

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies