Saturday, October 5, 2013

It's been one of those insanely good days for no reason

Like I woke up this morning super tired and my roommate wasn't back. So I went down for breakfast- guess who I ran into on the elevator as it stopped on the third floor? Yes, that's right. So inside I was cackling like "HAHAHA TOTALLY PICKED A GOOD TIME TO GO DOWN AND EAT" and then everyone else from last night was down there too, so it was even better. My roommate came back after and I told her about my night- she just said hers was "interesting" and settled down to homework. I did too, and then I had a meeting for this satellite project thing I joined (I am an assistant project manager, you guys! I'm all official and legit! Kinda-sorta) and got to meet the other assistant project manager and go over stuff, like how they do documentation and use all these different internet programs to organize things. The other assistant is super nice, which is good because I think that means I'll be able to work with him easily. We already have a task to get started on, and then apparently I get to find out about the finances of the group and how they work later with the actual project manager. Honestly, it all sounds so dull when I talk about it but really it's very interesting and what they're doing is so... awesome. Like they're building a satellite to send into space, and they're being very professional about it- proper documentation, organizing the group and giving it a hierarchy, holding regular meetings, using these programs to assign tasks and make charts and set things up... it's admirable. It's also a very daunting task so I think they're really thankful for the new recruits. I'm really glad I went to clubs fair and saw the booth and signed up for it.
I came home- I don't know where my roommate is, she's gone again (this seems to happen a lot, but she is a bit more social than I am and she only came home and woke me up at 3 AM once because she forgot her keys (and she was very sorry about it the next day, so, y'know, she's responsible))- and went down for dinner right at 5. I've learned if I go down early I can get all the food while it's hot and fresh and just YUM. Plus there's usually still chocolate milk in the milk machine, and also most of the people I like to sit with go down pretty early for supper. This means I don't have to sit alone.
PLUS guess who caught the elevator up with me? Heck yes, that's right. He also asked if I had any plans tonight. I said no, after last night (not that it was terribly cray or anything) I just needed a break. And I guess I could go out again, but I feel like I shouldn't. I'm planning on trying to have a bit more alcohol than 1 drink when I go home next weekend, when I am in the company of my family and in the safety of my home, just so I can see what it feels like. I learned what it tastes like and what it does to other people last night (and beer still tastes like vomit to me so I don't understand why people drink it like wow that is DISGUSTING)), but I was too scared to find out what it did to me. Orchid did say "come on! Let's do a shot!" at one point, to which I vehemently shook my head. He kept calling me "the birthday girl" too, although nobody else did, and for some reason it sounded really nice when he said it.
Also I should mention the fact that he was asking about my plans kind of sounded to me like "'Cause if you are I'll tag along" which I don't know if it was but I don't know, augh.
Wow do I sound pathetic or what? Geez. I kind of am, but people make idiots out of themselves in the name of people they're attracted to all the time. I dunno. I feel like it's lame for me to get this crazy over one guy but at the same time I feel like everyone does this, gets crazy over one person they like, and falls asleep at night overanalyzing everything and just... I think it's a human experience. Which validates it for me. IT IS OKAY TO BE ATTRACTED TO PEOPLE. The important thing is that this... crush (god I feel like I'm 13 when I use that word) is just one thing in my life, amidst all this other stuff like all the new friends I'm making, the satellite project, Amnesty International meetings (I seriously need to start volunteering for stuff in there, I don't feel like I'm doing anything), all the books I'm reading, and school. I'm keeping busy, but not so busy that I'm tired all the time. I'm making sure to take time for me, too, since I know that's important. Oh, and I'm trying to do things like vacuum and take out the garbage and stuff, because my roommate keeps doing that and I feel bad about it. I need to step up and start doing some work.

Speaking of my roommate, I wonder where she went... Maybe back to whatever hotel her friend is staying at (her friend's birthday was the day after mine so she went out with her, which was totally fine with me- I would have done the same thing). I dunno. I'm not her mother, I'm not going to check up on her all the time. I'm assuming she has her keys and she's out doing whatever she's doing. She'll be fine. She's more used to the world than I am.

I should probably do some math, but I'm being lazy and I totally don't want to. Kind of just feel like curling up with my book and finishing it. The main character in the book appears to be reacting to Italy the same way I reacted to Ireland, so that's interesting, and really great to read. I'm glad to hear it's a human thing to fall in love with a country for absolutely no logical reason. I may not like their overly-religious-not-very-feminist-or-fair stance on abortion, but the history is so... so... and the countryside. God, the countryside. I still remember when we descended through the clouds and they gave way and I saw the ground for the first time and how my first thought was I love it. It's beautiful and I love it. No other country has ever made me feel that way. I just love Ireland, okay you guys? Also I will go to riverdance again if it's the last thing I do.

My hands are slowly drying out, as is my knowledge of math, so I should probably deal with that.

yer pal,
swegan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies