Sunday, October 20, 2013

So last night I pretended to be 12

LET ME TELL YOU THERE ARE ABOUT 11 SONGS THAT TAKE ME BACK TO BEING 12 AND I MADE THEM INTO A PLAYLIST TOO. So now I can pretend to be 12 again whenever I want. Although I'm not sure why I like that so much, given that I was pretty stupid at 12 like everyone else. It is a truth universally acknowledged that being 12 is very hard and any mistakes made during that year should be forgotten forever.

And then I was just watching pop music videos for fun because I don't have a TV anymore so I have to do that on YouTube and I clicked on "Can't Hold Us Down" by Christina Aguilera and I was not expecting it to be so awesomely feminist AND MY DAY WAS JUST MADE, especially considering that most of the songs I listened to when I was 12 were incredibly sexist. I really had no taste when I was 12. But, as said above, that is excused/forgotten/whatever. Although it's hard to forget that when I had "Love in this club" stuck in my head all day. ALL. DAY.

Tomorrow I have to go back to school. Ugh. No. No. Weekends are never long enough. I've never understood why they weren't three days- a more even balance. But, whatever.

Actually I literally have nothing to write about like that is the level of excitement my life is at right now. Midterms are fun, you guys. Especially when you've got a stupid English project to go along with them, one that makes you trek into the city to go to the nearest public library that has a copy of a children's book based on an Indian fable that you need as a visual aid for your project, only to find once you get to the library and try to obtain a free library card that you need something with your current in-that-city address on it, which I don't have, so I trekked all the way into the city for NOTHING except the sheer joy of taking the train, which I love for no logical reason. Some days I just want to sit on the bus or the train and ride it all around the stops. Just sit there and look at the different routes. I want to ride the 7 bus through its whole route. I want to sit on the train and ride its whole route (this city's train is like, one line north-south. There isn't much of a train system yet but it's still handy for getting to the mall and stuff) (well and for kids people (but they still seem like kids) who commute to the university). I want to take weird buses I'd never take otherwise through suburbs I've never seen before and probably never will again. Y'know? I want that kind of adventure. I also really want to go for a walk in the park because I have been to like a grand total of 1 park here so far, and that's just sad. I can't drive around and go to them because this is a Big City and driving around in those is too complicated. Hence, the bus. Let the bus driver do the driving.

Well, look. Guess I did have something to write about after all.

yer pal,
swegan :)

P.S. OOOH GUYS NANO IS COMING UP ALSO SO UH YEAH YOU SHOULD GET ON THAT PLS NO ONE WILL DO IT WITH ME I AM CRY (it's nanowrimo.org look there it is I typed it out for you PLS DO NANO WITH ME U GUISE)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies