Tuesday, October 8, 2013

This has been bugging me all day

But it was a good day, don't get me wrong. I finished my chem post-lab, I just have to copy it out now, and I'm almost done my next chem pre-lab (this is good b/c it's less to do on the weekend- which, being thanksgiving, is time I want to spend with my family, NOT doing homework) (also y'know I have to try and see Artifex and apparently also Omnia is coming home for Thanksgiving so I want to see her too AND MY PUPPY I WANT TO SPEND SO MUCH TIME PETTING HER AND KISSING HER AND GIVING HER LOVE OMG). We got two assignments for English instead of one, but one is to write a 1-2 page fable/ folk-story thing with an explicit moral. Of course the minute she gave us that assignment, my first thought was "Feminism. This story is going to be dripping in it. I am going to marinade my folk tale in feminism and leave it in the fridge the night before." I immediately thought of a tumblr post (http://theashleyclements.tumblr.com/post/53325940699/sci-fi-dystopian-story-idea , Ashley Clements is seriously the best just like she's a feminist and she's a great actress and she just seems like such a nice person based on her tumblr and other stuff and just SO MUCH ADMIRATION SHE IS COOL K), but then I decided that wasn't really fair to use the same words and premise and wording that she used; ie. that would be some internet-form of plagiarism. But then, I figure maybe I can generalize an idea but still have feminism be blatantly obvious within the story. I'll figure it out. It'll be fun!
She didn't give us a topic for our papers, though. We just have to pick something. Which I almost hate more than being assigned a stupid topic. At least with a stupid topic I just have to find a way to make X work. Here I have to find an X first and this means halfway through the planning process I might (and I've learned to expect that I will) decide that my idea is stupid and scrap it.

OKAY BUT FOR THE BUGGING THING. Went down to eat early this morning b/c I had my 8 AM chem lab, and there was a table of a couple guys down there- the usual early morning crowd (2 of them are engineers so no wonder they're up early) (and one of the engineers was- you guessed it- orchid). Orchid made some comment about how it was still dark out, and I agreed. I said later "It's almost too dark out" which I actually realized might be a bad thing, and then I said "I kinda don't want to walk alone, it's so dark" or something like that. And NO ONE AT THE TABLE SAID ANYTHING. Like c'mon, guys. Seriously. I would have been fine with either of the other two being like "Oh I have an early class too, I'll walk with you if you want" like jesus, but no, nobody said anything and as I went back upstairs to brush my teeth I was like "you're all fat little turds" except not out loud.
And then over dinner (it was perogy night again... ugh. Perogy night means I am eating perogies and nothing else, b/c there's no vegetables and no meat (if you're lucky you might get a couple pieces of sausage in your saurkraut) (did I spell saurkraut right?) and so it's ALL PEROGIES and just noo, I need something else. I'm quickly getting sick of perogies) I was just minding my own business, sitting with the party group (I would call them the "party posse" but for some reason I feel as if they would find that cheap and lame) (although y'know to be fair they are good students who work hard and are also really nice, friendly people like they don't JUST party but they do it a lot more than I thought people did so that's why they're the party group the end) and I look over to find mr. pretty boy looking up at me under his pretty pretty-boy eyelashes and I'm like NO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DON'T GET TO LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT YOU FAT LITTLE TURD I GAVE YOU AN OPENING THIS MORNING UGH but not out loud, of course. That fat little turd. I mean, come on, could I have been more obvious? Jesus! Stupid orchid and his stupid under-the-eyelashes glances (although I should mention up to this point those kind of glances were something I'd only read about and I didn't actually believe they were real but they are very real) (and very annoying in that they unnerve me greatly) and his stupid not-getting-the-hint AND THOSE OTHER FAT LITTLE TURDS AT BREAKFAST THIS MORNING.

Seriously, though, I'm not that mad- I realize now I sound pissed about it. I'm more sort of jokey-mad, like it's funny to be mad. I dunno. I'm exaggerating- that's what I mean. I mean fat little turd is a term my friends and I use to refer to each other (I called Vince a "fat loser" as a joke last year and she thought I said "fat little turd" so it just stuck).

Speaking of that... I called someone in my chem lab a fat little turd today as a joke and I had to explain it, hahaha. There were three of us standing by the fume hood, stirring out copper solutions as the copper was turned into solid copper via the addition of zinc strips. One guy (my bench partner, actually) had been there for a while and quickly learned you have to add a lot more zinc strips, so he had a whole handful. The other girl and I had to go grab more, but he just gave us some from his handful, and we began a running joke-commentary on how he was our "zinc dealer" and it was just really funny. He left to get more and he was like "I know you guys need your zinc fix" and I was like "Yeah man, like c'mon, you're my supplier, where's the zinc" and he complained later about how hard it was to be a zinc dealer, always having to make zinc runs,and how it was just a little that got you hooked (i.e. before you needed more and more b/c some of the copper was being a butt and not precipitating) and I dunno, it was just fun.
Also- fun story. Later, I was still stirring my solution, and it looked kind of gray. So I shouted "why is it gray?!" (but you know, it wasn't really a shout but it was loud) and some guy from somewhere else in the lab shouted back "because you killed it!" and I was like "nooooo!" and he was like "you killed chemistry!" which was slightly less funny but I still just liked that "because you killed it line" like thank you, random person from my chem lab.

AND one other thing.
Today I was mulling again over something this girl said in 8th grade- don't worry, it's not petty. She was talking out loud and said "No sentence is 100% true" and my teacher laughed and said "except that one" and she was a girl who was never really nice to me, so since that day I have occasionally pulled that thought out and tried to prove her wrong.
And I realized in philosophy the other day, we do have a sentence that is 100% true- "I exist." Also, "I think." So I was like "HA YOU ARE WRONG." And then for some reason I thought she was right again, but I realize now that nope, I proved her wrong, and for some reason I am very happy about this. Proving people you dislike wrong is great. Unfortunately that means I also proved the teacher wrong, and I like that teacher, as a teacher and a person (I SHOULD EMAIL HER BUT as I have learned twice in life now, teachers are notoriously bad at responding to personal emails. I'm assuming it's because they've got lots of other email to deal with and are just busy in general). But, oh well. That girl was wrong and she wasn't a very nice person to people she didn't deem "cool" so hahaha on you.

Alrighty. It's late. I need to sleep now procrastinate on the internet until I realize I should really get some sleep.

OOH BUT ONE LAST THING: The team that did the LBD (Lizzie Bennet Diaries- search it on YouTube. Also can I just say that that series won an Emmy so it is good and that is some proof) is now doing another Jane Austen adaptation- Emma Approved (also search it on YouTube). It's good so far; I love Emma and I think they've adapted her perfectly. AND IT'S THE SAME EMMY-AWARD WINNING TEAM BEHIND THE SCENES SO YEAH IT'S PROBABLY GONNA BE TOTES GOOD SO YOU SHOULD WATCH IT AND LOVE IT WITH ME (well and lots of other people). So. Watch that. Pls.

Actually though I'm so happy to just have another web series to keep up with (I mean, besides "The Autobiography of Jane Eyre" which is a similar thing to LBD but done by different people- it is also excellent in its own adorable way and also on YouTube so search that too yes). It was so fun keeping up with LBD episodes last year; watching them in the back of history class and screaming embarrassingly loudly at Ep. 98, that was the best. And my embarrassingly incredibly overdone to the stupid dumb ending of the LBD, which is still the most frustrating thing I have experienced to date. NO. YOU CANNOT END IT LIKE THAT, YOU FAT LITTLE EMMY-WINNING TURDS.

anyway, goodnight.

yer pal,
swegan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies