Sunday, November 24, 2013

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING

So there's this link that was shared on my facebook page by the "Because I am a Girl Canada" page that I follow. It's an article in The Atlantic about some yahoo being invited to speak in "public" schools in the South of the US. It's all about "how to be dateable", and of course it enforces ridiculously sexist stereotypes (about both genders, might I add) that are just complete and total bullshit. The article (which is here: http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/11/christian-speaker-tells-public-school-students-how-to-be-dateable/281488/) mentions that he has a site, so just for shits and giggles, I found it, and there was a "R U DATEABLE" quiz at the bottom so I thought hey, what the hell.
The questions were completely ridiculous and random, but I answered them honestly as best I could, and my result was "U R DATELESS" and I just started laughing, so fucking hard. Yes, I am dateless that's totally why I went over to my boyfriend's  house last night and ate dinner with his family and had some of his delicious brownies (the boy can bake. THE BOY. CAN BAKE. BROWNIES AND CHEESECAKE. OMFG), and then ended up kissing him later after we had watched a movie together and been all snuggly. Totally dateless, mhm. That's definitely what I got out of yesterday evening, nothing along the lines of "oh, this guy actually really likes me and wants to make me happy."
Also my internal response to learning he can bake may or may not have been "MARRY ME RIGHT NOW OMFG" and his mother and uncle just kept raving about his cheesecake, "Oh, Grag makes such good cheesecake" they said, "and really good brownies" they also said, and they weren't kidding about the brownies.Also they may have indirectly invited me over again, so yay, I made a good impression! Although he does have four cats, so I had to take a claritin, and that made me really jumpy and restless and drowsy (even though it said non-drowsy on the package, what lies), and that kind of... I would say "killed the mood" but I'm not sure if there was one. I mentioned that we'd have to try another movie night without the claritin, which might be possible, so yay!

Anyway, the whole point of this post was just to tell you guys about both the stupidity of that site and its speaker (HE HAS A MYSPACE PAGE. DUDE. ALL CREDIBILITY LOST), while at the same time telling you about my date. Oh, and letting you know, in case you didn't already guess, that the advice he gives is absolute and total BS. "Men keep women covered up"??? How about women decide themselves what they wear and you can butt out, asshole. Plus, the quiz called me dateless, which is an absolute and blatant lie, so in case you couldn't tell, the quiz is BS, too.

I suppose I should get work done today, though. I have an English paper to write, math to do, chem lab exam to study for... (which may eclipse the importance of math, not gonna lie). Also another EPASS meeting, and also I am supposed to help their crowdfunding campaign which means asking people for money which I always feel really awkward about, ugh.

yer pal,
swegan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies