Thursday, November 7, 2013

STRESS RELIEF

So I have joined an engineering project on campus that is hoping to send a satellite to space on this NASA rocket in 2015. I need a nickname for it, too, because I can't actually say the name of it b/c then it gives away more of my location than I'm comfortable with. I'm thinking Engineering Project of Awesome Space Stuff, which, shortened, is EPASS, which is fine with me because it's easy to remember. Anyway, I got put as an apprentice project manager (b/c none of the technical stuff interested me at all) AND IT IS SO MUCH FUN OMG
I mean yes, there's work involved, and the other apprentice pm and I actually still have to create a spreadsheet to keep track of bi-monthly expense reports (which we designed... sort of... we sort of just made it very similar to a template, and he did most of the work b/c I don't know how to use excel) and I will probably get asked to do a lot of editing (FINE BY ME I LOVE FIXING GRAMMAR) and stuff. I still feel like I could do a lot more than I do... and speaking of which, the operations manager just quit so they need someone to do that, and the pm suggested the other apprentice and I do it. To be honest it frightens me a little, but I figure I can at least go see what operations is about before I make up my mind.
Basically what I do is go and try to learn how to do stuff, which is hard, yeah, but it's never super overwhelming. I do actually have a bunch of stuff to read (I have to have a knowledge of the technical aspects of the satellite on some level), but then again, I also have this giant long-ass weekend coming up so... I'm planning on doing a lot of reading, let's just say that. My chem textbook is packed away in my suitcase and my bio textbook has an online version, and then I have to read and edit an essay for a peer review (my english essay is kind of terrible and worth half my grade, so we'll see what I get out of the peer review), and then I have a math assignment I could start.
SPEAKING OF MATH ASSIGNMENTS... at an EPASS meeting tonight, after we had finished (well it was actually like 90% him b/c I don't know how to bs that well like holy crap it was amazing) I mentioned that now I would go home and work on this math assignment I was probably going to fail. And then I spent the next hour and a half getting help on my math assignment from the pm and the systems engineer (they happen to live together, and meeting was at pm's apartment (super handy since I live super close)) and it was actually so helpful and they were like "this is so fun" like omg HOW IS THIS FUN THIS MATH ASSIGNMENT LITERALLY MADE ME CRY LAST NIGHT but now I actually have a much better understanding of everything and I am just so relieved- that's the stress relief. Tomorrow the only homework time I have is 2 hours between math and bio, and then I have to skip my chem lecture to get to the airport on time for my flight out to the CABIN where I will see my family again and also get to sleep in absolute silence (well, aside from the trains that go by across the lake sometimes) and also not have to wear real clothes. Pajamas all day, every day, hell yes. Also, video games. I CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY SIMS AGAIN AND STUFF AND ALSO JUST DANCE WOOOOO. And movies! And junk food, and board games, and walks and snow and I get to see Sadie and just SO EXCITED.

Also Grag was super sweet today, which he basically is every time I see him, and at the EPASS meeting I may or may not have accidentally called him my boyfriend (which the systems engineer then proceeded to bug me about, saying "Oh, no, you called him your boyfriend, that's adorable") (I should mention the systems engineer also said on my way out the door "Say hi to your sexy boyfriend for me!" and omfg just EPASS meetings are seriously the best I am not kidding). Up until this point I had just said "we're going out" which is partially because when I said "dating" my mother freaked out and was like "nonononono, you're not dating, keep your options open" (that is extremely paraphrased btw) and I was like mom I can only date one person at a time I can't "keep my options open" wtf.
Anyway we had a serious relationship discussion today (well for like three minutes) (it was beautiful I've never had a serious relationship discussion before) so maybe he is my boyfriend now. I don't know. Labels are confusing. WHATEVER. We haven't even held hands yet. How can he be my boyfriend if I haven't even held his hand?

Blugh. Whatever. I'm going to do something productive now.
It's been a good day. AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAD GOOD DAYS TOO because you sure as hell deserve it, every last one of you beautiful fairy snowflakes.

yer pal,
swegan :)

2 comments:

  1. "beautiful fairy snowflakes"... is that a paraphrase of jane bennet? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the time I was just in a really good mood, but it could be taken that way I suppose :)

      Delete

comment-type-thingies