Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Something happened in Ireland that's been bugging me lately

We went out to this medieval-themed dinner at a real castle- and they really went all out. The room we ate in was packed tight, the with lots of people squeezed onto benches. We were given only a knife and napkin, and we ate with our hands, tearing meat off the bone. There was live entertainment, and someone even got thrown in jail for a little bit. One guy got embarrassingly drunk off of mead. I sat diagonally across from a woman from the US who did nothing but complain about the meal, but she was like, laughing the whole time. "Oh, I don't like this. Next course, hahahahah" and I was like bitch you are a grown woman, act like it, but that's not what's bugging me.

The dessert they brought out they said was I think traditional Irish something or other, and it was some sort of dessert with berries. I don't remember what the dessert was, I think a pudding of some sort, but I remember them calling the berries "Lover's kisses" and then telling us their actual name. Apparently when you eat them, your lover is supposed to feed them to you or something like that. I can still remember how that dessert tasted. It was delicious and wonderful and I can't remember what the berries were called and all I get when I google search it are results like "mistletoe" and "Rachel Berry" (I'm not kidding).

The thing is, when I was in Ireland, I was still making a big fuss out of the fact that I had never really had a real kiss, nothing more than a peck. And so eating that dessert, I thought, it must be as enjoyable as this dessert right here to have a real kiss.

I can tell you now that that's true, that it is that enjoyable, and I understand why they call the berries that (of course the complain-y woman across from me didn't like the dessert either; I was dumbfounded at how anyone couldn't like it. The berries were sweet, but not overly sweet, and they didn't taste like any other berry I've ever had), but it really bothers me that I can't remember what they're called and that google is absolutely no help.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else knows. Also, I just wanted to share that story with you all. I've been thinking a great deal about love lately- not that I'm in it (and that's what I'm thinking about)- and also I'm a bit lonely right now. It's the new year, and nobody at the lake even set off fireworks. My family was watching a movie and I checked my watch at 11:55 and then again at 12:02. It has been a thoroughly uneventful ringing-in-of-2014, and literally no one is online. Vince was for a second, but she must have just signed off as I sent her Happy New Year wishes. Ptarckas I haven't talked to in a couple of days, which is fine, I just miss him is all. I'm aware that I can get a little overbearing, and we have been having skype conversations every single night.

I just really want to talk to someone, but we don't have cell service out here and no one is online except Nerd, who I'm sure is playing video games. I guess I could give it a try. Maybe.

It's just that everyone here is in bed, and probably everyone else is out celebrating, or in bed, and I just feel all alone. There's nothing much left for me to do except go to sleep, and I don't want to do that because I'm sad. I guess I could talk to Nerd or write... but you know what I mean. It's New Year's. I should be celebrating, and I'm sitting alone in the middle of the woods instead.

Eh. I'll figure something out.

yer pal,
swegan :)

Oh, Happy New Year and best wishes to all in 2014! It's going to be a good year, I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies