Thursday, January 16, 2014

Finally settled

I feel very at peace today. It took a couple of weeks to settle in, I guess. It still does suck thinking about the fact that no matter how much I get done there'll still be more to do for a long time this semester, but I know all I have to do is break everything down into manageable bite-size pieces so I only end up having to do 4 or 5 things a day. There's no point in trying to complete everything last minute.

I do worry that I'm spending too much time with ptarckas (I realize I talk about him a lot, and no, I'm not sorry). Right now it looks like we'll see each other three times a week on average, or maybe just 1 if I've got lots of homework during the week. I don't know if it's fair to say that I've been trying to keep in touch with everyone else. I suppose I could try harder, but then probably we all could and we're all just busy with schoolwork and stuff.

Besides, I would like to think I am becoming kind-of friends with the woman who sits next to me in math, and I sometimes talk to the girl who sits next to me in chem, and carina and I (and two of her other friends who seem to be just kind of accepting me into their group, at least to a certain extent) have biology and our lab together, so I see her a lot more, so that's good, and I know a guy in my English class from orientation, so we talk before class a lot. And women's and gender studies is just a fun class. I really like my prof and I really like the stuff we discuss in that class. Plus, I feel like on some level I already have a grasp on a lot of it, PLUS today our prof got people who volunteer in the community with organizations that focus on helping women to talk about what they did so that maybe the rest of us could do some volunteering. I'm definitely interested, but some of these opportunities require a lot of intense training, and I just don't know if it's a good idea for me to take on more right now, especially now that the EPASS fundraising campaign is about to launch (I mean, we haven't met since school started due to illness and scheduling conflicts, but we have to start at SOME point).

Even though I've gotten like 2 things done tonight (today being one of the days that ptarckas and I hang out), I feel very... peaceful, and at ease. It's been a long week, I guess, and tomorrow IS friday, and I just really like spending time with ptarckas. He seems to be the one person I can't get sick of (and I can state this with a reasonable level of certainty because we have ended up accidentally spending very long periods of time together) (like maybe upwards of 36 hours) (it was an accident okay). I just sort of want him around all the time, which of course is horribly impractical, and we both agree on this. Sigh. I guess I'll just have to wait until finals week rolls around again and we realize "hey, no classes" and spend an unreasonably long amount of time together again, like last finals week.

I actually miss finals week. There was an end in sight, something to look forward to. Right now the closest thing I have to look forward to is Valentine's Day, followed by the reading week break. Sigh.

Back to the grindstone! It's not really that bad, anyway, and tomorrow's friday, woohoo!

yer pal,
swegan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies