Monday, April 20, 2015

Sweet baby jesus

I remembered my blog that existed primarily during middle school and throughout 9th grade. Thankfully, it is locked. But dear god, it is an adventure to read.

For one thing, I had way too much time on my hands when I was 14. There are wayyyyy too many entries from that phase of my life. But I did get to go back and remember Sposh, quacking, and other 9th grade delights I had since forgotten about. I'm not even sure that 9th grade was real. It feels too bizarre now.

Some highlights:

-Oh lord, that pink trenchcoat. I still have that thing. I have had it since the 8th grade. As expected, it fits me a little differently now, because I look a little bit different than I did when I was 13.

-OH LORD, THE SASS. "I only need to be known as existent to the people who have brains bigger than grains of sand." U GO, 13 YEAR OLD SELF. PROUD OF U.

-ALSO PROUD OF MY 13 YEAR OLD SELF FOR GETTING PEOPLE SUSPENDED BECAUSE THEY WERE NASTY TO ME legit like I should put that on my fucking resume that's how proud of that I am. I GOT A FORCED APOLOGY. THE GLORY.

-There is now an entry from May 5, 2009, entitled "Blurt Alerts and Goat Boy's 180." Quality writing, everyone. Quality writing. I am so good at titles.

-Apparently my Era of Having Bangs began on May 1, 2009. That's almost 6 years now. DANG.

-Farticles. That is all.

-Yes, farticles are exactly what you think they are. My 8th grade science teacher had a very creative way of explaining diffusion

-I think I missed the point of not having to blog every day (she says as she has currently been doing so to procrastinate on finals and avoid boy problems)

All right, we're getting into things from 7th grade now, and nothing good can come of that. 7th grade me would be hella proud of me now, and would also think that I got totally hot, so that's all that matters. Also, it's 2:30 AM, and sleep is probably a good idea.

No, nevermind. I have reached the first entry. May 9, 2008. I've been blogging in one way or another for about 7 years. Not really sure that's impressive, especially considering all the entries before I turned about 16 or 17 are absolutely horrible and should never be seen by anyone ever.

One last fun tidbit: my 5th or 6th entry ever was entitled "Chain Mail: Do YOU Believe in it?" which is now officially in the running for Best Title, along with the blurt alerts and goat boy one, and possibly also the angst-ridden "Bad things don't happen in threes, they just happen to me!!!!!" which was all about how I kept not getting paired with my crush in the 9th grade. I had my fucking priorities in order.

yer pal,
swegan

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies