Sunday, April 19, 2015

I might actually write again

Probably not until November because that's when I wanna do this, but still.

I was told recently that it sounds like I'm not very good at character creation (as evidenced by the fact that my characters are so much like me they have actual conversations I have actually had wtf) and so I kind of decided that I would do something like that.

I have one character (from Camp Lame-o, obvi, because I can never ever create new characters because I am lame) (HAAAAAAAAA LAME-O) (sorry) that I really like, and I decided I wanted to know more about her. She has a last name now and everything, and also a troubled backstory which I don't know anything about yet. I just know that it's there and that because I want to see more of this character than just her can-do take-no-shit attitude (she built her own massive company from the ground up and regularly has the best advice to offer). So probably I'm going to throw something horrible at her that drags her away from her big shiny office in the city and back to where she grew up, to see how she handles it.

This makes me feel unbelievably cruel, and I know this character isn't real. I know I could just write something about her big shiny city life, but I want to get to know this character better. I want to know what happened to her. I want to know why she doesn't want to go home, I want to know what's waiting for her there.

I have also found a few songs that get me in the writing spirit. As usual, they are pop, and slightly random, but so far it's just two. There are a couple potential ones but one of them gets a bit too extreme for me just yet and I'm not sure if the other one entirely fits. As of right now, it's "One Last Time" by Ariana Grande and "Sledgehammer" by Fifth Harmony. I was listening to both of them for hours last night while trying to fill out this character creation form, which I am determined to fill out. I will think about this character's favourite music, favourite food, her mannerisms, her expressions, her fucking relationship with her parents, until she feels even more real to me than she does already.

I would say I'm "getting back in the game" but that makes me sound like a middle aged divorcee who is going out on dates again and that is so far from my reality.

yer pal,
swegan

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies