Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I am just so done with this week

Just so done like why isn't it Friday kind of done.

I still have a couple more things to do- neither of them are particularly hard, but I still have to do them, and I really don't want to. Powerfully. But then again, I have plans for Saturday that I really want to be able to do and so I should be working extra hard this week so I can take Saturday off.

The thing is that for some reason I already feel like I've been working extra hard. Mostly I think it was the math assignment and midterm combined, but now there's this newsletter and two midterms next week, one of which (math) I'm really worried about. Math is just so hard this semester and the annoying thing is that if we weren't going so fucking fast maybe I could feel on top of things. As it is we often cover multiple topics in a class, and of course the examples never feel anywhere near the difficulty level of the assignments. I spend at least an hour every day in that math help room getting help, because without it I seriously wouldn't know what to do. I'm very concerned about my midterm, and just the class in general. As it is, why am I taking it if I don't need it?

Plus I need stats for bio, and everyone keeps saying stats is super hard. I'm like, that's fucking great- another hard math class I have to take! I'm so sick and tired of math classes, honestly- I didn't come here to study math. But then again I didn't come to study English or Chemistry, and guess what other prereqs I need for science courses? Ugh.

I know, I know- it's only first year, you'll get through it, someday it'll all just be memories- that's great, but right now it's today, and it sucks. I've considered dropping this math course and just taking an extra course over the summer somewhere down the road- although that would be mighty expensive since I'd have to stay in the same city as the university for the summer, rather than going home. Plus, I don't want to do that. I'm also aware that if it was easy, everyone would be doing it- sure, but that doesn't mean it isn't incredibly stressful. I'm trying really hard to do well but sometimes it just feels like there's too much, even though I know it's nothing I reasonably can't handle. As it is, I've already fallen behind on chem problem sets, which is, well, a problem, and I keep focusing my energy on midterms. I'm thinking there won't be an EPASS newsletter next week because, well, a) everyone else has midterms and can't really get much back to me in terms of updates, and b) I have midterms too and I need to study for them. And then the week after that is February break, and I am going to try and put my foot down- I. Need. A. Break. I will be reading a book for Women's and Gender Studies, and probably I'll end up doing a bio lab write up which is stupid, thanks so much biosci. But aside from that? No. I am going to read books and watch movies and sleep in every single fucking day. That is what I am designating that week for.

It's almost here. Sigh. I just have to make it through another week and a half. And god dammit, so help me, I am going out on Saturday. I will make it happen. I need a break and ptarckas will be there, and he is always somehow very effective at making me forget my troubles for a little while.

All right. This isn't getting anything done. Time for bio review and newsletter writing. Sigh.

yer pal,
swegan :|

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment-type-thingies